Acquiring a License
Company Formation Qatar – Acquiring a License
If you’ve decided to go ahead and start a business in Qatar, then one thing you’ll be required to do by law is to acquire the correct license to allow you to trade. There are so many great incentives to start a business in Qatar; no income tax on wages, no export tax and low cost duties, the ability to repatriate your profits and high-quality telecommunications, accommodation and business premises – but in order to benefit from these many plus points, you’ll first need to go through the various processes of company formation in Qatar, to ensure that your business is legal.
Business Start Up Qatar is here to help you with every aspect of company formation and the required registration formalities. To save you the trouble of acquiring a license, Business Start Up Qatar are happy to take care of this and any other vital matters on your behalf.
Foreign Companies involved in business contracts in Qatar must:
- Submit an application to the Minister of Economy & Commerce.
- Attach 2 copies of the signed contract between the Foreign Company and the Government.
- Attach 2 approved/legalized copies of the certificate of association and/or memorandum of certificate of the Foreign Company.
- Approved/legalized power of attorney for the nominated manager in Qatar.
- Attach 2 copies of the contract for the service agent (if appointed).
- Attach 2 copies of the commercial registration for the service agent (if appointed).
- Any non Arabic document should be translated to Arabic language.
Procedures for Industrial Companies
- Attach a copy of the License issued by the Ministry of Energy and Industry.
- Fill in the application for a certificate of association and deposit the capital in the bank.
- Fill in the application for commercial registration, attach the requested documents and pay the fee (in the case of 51% Qatari owned and 49% owned by the foreigner). A Ministerial Decree is needed if 100% owned by the foreigner.
Limited Liability Companies
- Fill out the draft of memorandum contract and deposit capital in the bank.
- In the Ministry of Justice – Real Estate Department- document/legalize memorandum contract.
- Fill out the commercial application form, present all documents and pay all fees.
More Than Just a Business Start Up Service
Business Start Up Qatar are here to help you with acquiring a license, finding a Qatari partner, registering your business with the necessary authorities and any other essential company formation procedures in Qatar. However, that’s not the end of the story we can also help with a wide range of creative and marketing services too, so why not follow the link to find out more?
If you’d like to speak to one of our company formation Qatar experts , click the link and use any of the methods on our contact page we’ll be delighted to help you.
Partner with us!
Solutions Four WLL Doha
State of Qatar
PO Box 15644
State of Qatar
PO Box 15644